PlotThe film plays out, with three first-season episodes edited together into a single story: "The Benefit", "Breaking the Lease", and "The Ballet", with new footage included between episodes to help transition the episodes into one coherent storyline. As the series routinely took the format of filming scenes in chronological order, this adds to the "show within a show within a show" format of the film, as viewers watch the cast perform the episodes live. The film itself ends with a "curtain call", as the cast comes out and Arnaz thanks the audience for their support.
- Lucille Ball as Lucille Esmeralda "Lucy" McGillicuddy Ricardo / Herself
- Desi Arnaz as Enrique Alberto Fernando "Ricky" Ricardo y de Acha III / Himself
- Vivian Vance as Ethel May Mertz (née Potter) / Herself
- William Frawley as Frederick Hobart Edie "Fred" Mertz / Himself
- Ann Doran as Audience member
- Mary Wickes (archive footage) as Madame Lemand
- Barbara Pepper (archive footage) as Party guest