Dutch singer, radio host, glamour model and television personality. In the Netherlands, she is well known for her musical career, which spans over four decades. She is also regularly featured on Dutch television and in Dutch tabloid media.
She met Adam Curry and retired from music in the Netherlands in the mid-1980s to set up home with Adam in the U.S. and help develop his career. She now lives in the UK with her daughter Christina Curry. Her ex-husband Adam is back in America. Paay sang many of the popular music remixes under the Stars on 45 brand name and was a member of the spin-off act Star Sisters, alongside sister Yvonne Keeley.
On 20 May 2009, the Dutch weekly gossip magazine Story published an interview with Patricia Paay saying that she will divorce after 20 years of marriage.
CareerBeing Dutch and popular in the Netherlands, perhaps Mrs. Curry-Paay's best known release there (English language) was her 1977 cover of the Robert Knight hit, co-written by Buzz Cason and Mac Gayden, and made famous by Love Affair in 1967, 'Everlasting Love'; from her album, The Lady Is a Champ.
In 2008 Paay participated as a judge on Holland's Got Talent. It currently airs on SBS 6 hosted by Gerard Joling. Co-Judging with Paay is Henkjan Smits (who in the past also judged Idols and X Factor) and Robert Ronday (manager of Circus Herman Renz).
In 2010 she was the main guest in an episode of the television show Gehaktdag.
PlayboyIn 1984, Paay was the first glamour model in the Dutch edition of Playboy. In November 2009, it was reported that Paay would pose for the December 2009 issue of the Dutch version of the magazine at age 60. It will be the third time she has posed for Playboy.
DiscographyAlso see: The Star Sisters
- 1966 - No one can love you like I do (als Patricia)
- 1967 - You called me baby (as Patricia)
- 1967 - Je bent niet hip (as Patricia) ( 12e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1967 - Wat moet ik doen (as Patricia) ( 36e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1968 - Corriamo (als Patricia) ( 33e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1968 - Hey girls (als Honey Bee)
- 1968 - Hey taxi (as Patty Paay) (German single)
- 1968 - Dat is de liefde (as Patricia)
- 1968 - Tambourine girl (as Patricia)
- 1969 - Kleine tovenaar (as Patricia)
- 1969 - Sim sala bim (as Patricia)
- 1969 - Fisherman king (as Patricia, with Brainbox)
- 1969 - Sing me a lovesong/All or nothing (as Honey Bee & the Harbourlights)
- 1970 - Were you there (als Package - occasion formation from Patricia Paay, The Buffoons, Left Side and Unit Gloria) ( tipparade )
- 1970 - Tell me (you're never gonna leave me) (as Patricia, accompanied by The Golden Earring) ( tipparade )
- 1971 - Put your hand in the hand (as member of Himalaya) ( tipparade )
- 1972 - I believe in love (as Honey Pie (= with her sister Yvonne Paay))
- 1973 - Easy Boy (as background singer at Greenfield & Cook) (8e in Dutch top 40)
- 1973 - Music lovin' girl (as member of occasion formation Sealegs)
- 1975 - Can you please crawl out your window
- 1976 - Children come home
- 1976 - Someday my prince will come ( 22e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1976 - Now (is the moment) ( 20e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1977 - Who's that lady with my man ( 2e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1977 - Livin' without you ( 5e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1978 - Everlasting love
- 1978 - Malibu ( 14e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1979 - The best friend I know (duet with Yvonne Keeley) ( 26e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1979 - You colour my life (promosingle for Mary Quant)
- 1979 - You make it allright (duet with Jacques Kloes) ( 25e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1980 - Give it to me ( tipparade )
- 1980 - Maybe - To know him is to love him ( 31e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1981 - Who let the heartache in ( 9e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1981 - Saturday nights ( 15e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1982 - A dime a dance
- 1982 - Queen for tonight
- 1982 - Tomorrow ( 6e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1983 - Solitaire ( 16e in Dutch top 40 )
- 1987 - Stop me ( tipparade )
- 1992 - De wereld (duet with Rob de Nijs) ( tipparade )
- 1995 - I've never been to me
- 1998 - I Love My Daughter Aimee (with Adam Curry her former husband and daughter Christina)
- 2000 - Daddy (as Patricia Paay & the John Paay Orchestra)
- 2009 - Who's that lady with my man '09 (John Marks featuring Patricia Paay)
- 2009 - Verliefd (Duet with Diego)